Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 2

Well, our plan to sleep in until noon ended around 7:15AM. I woke up full of energy and excitement and couldn't wait to start our adventure. Chris started a fire and then we looked around to see if there was anything to eat for breakfast. We got in way too late to find a grocery store, so Chris killed the fire and we went to the Otis Cafe. It was just as wonderful as ever, but I think it gets smaller everytime I go. :) I had the famous German Potatoes and Chris got biscuits and gravy. YUM!!
After that, we headed to Lincoln City for groceries and came back for a chilly walk on the beach and around the town of Neskowin. This afternoon, we went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory because, well - you can't make sandwiches without Tillamook Cheese when you're in Oregon! Chris agrees - the ice cream is out of this world! They've added so many new flavors, like German Chocolate Cake and Marionberry Pie. We'll definitely be going back at least once before we leave.

Next, we got in a workout at the Cape Mears Lighthouse, but the view was defintely worth the hike back to the car. It was absolutely beautiful! We also went up to see the Octopus Tree, which was pretty cool and where Chris saw his first banana slug. Ick! Then, we stopped at several different scenic spots along the route between Tillamook and Pacific City to take in the incredible views. After a fantastic dinner at the Pelican Pub, we headed back to the beach house to catch the sunset. Here are our favorite pictures for the day:


The beach house, in all it's glory.

I got a FULL order of German potatoes so that I could have leftovers. Of course, I left them in the car all day. Guess we'll just have to go back! :)

Cape Mears

The view was stunning and the weather was gorgeous!
The Octopus tree

Can you find the banana slug?

Pelican Pub - Yum!

And finally, last night's sunset. (Armand style)

No comments: