Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Date Night Decorations

I've been working on putting together some "cheap" decorations for the upcoming Valentine Date Night that the Marriage Ministry is hosting on Feb 13th. Usually, V-Day conjures up images of conversation hearts, carnations and doilies. But our topic for the night is "Refueling Romance & Intimacy," so I thought a more "wild" theme was fitting. :)


Here's a link to that blog if you're bored and want to check out the flyers I made. http://eccmarriageministry.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I think it's easy to make a place look fabulous with an unlimited budget, but it's quite a bit more challenging with NO budget. So, this is what I've come up with - for less than 25 bucks.



  • Dollar Store Candles...$1 for two
  • Zebra Serving Plate & Bowl...TJ Maxx ($10)
  • Black Sand, Zebra Paper & Red Ribbon...$6 bucks at Hobby Lobby
  • Vases...$2 each at Wal-Mart
  • Red Sparkly Twigs...$3 at Jeffrey Alan's in the Christmas clearance section

Just for kicks, I decorated the table. When Chris saw it, he said, "Oh, are people coming over for dinner?" Of course - I ALWAYS come up with themes for dinner with friends. I guess those of you who know me well, wouldn't be surprised if I did... :o) ha ha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to come for dinner :) They look great! Hope date night goes great!

Josh (May 2010) said...

Themes! That's all I have to say...........................