Back in April, I got a late night call from Jenn that basically went something like this....
Jenn - "I decided what I want to do for my birthday!!!!!!"
Me - "But your birthday is in July..."
Jenn - "I KNOW!!! AndIwanttogotoNewKidsonTheBlockandIwantyoutogowithme!!!!!"
Me - "Absolutely!"
So, Chris and I headed over to Lafayette on Saturday. That night, after a trip to Igloo for some ice cream, Mike & Chris went to see Transformers 2 while Jenn & I stayed up late listening to NKOTB songs and catching up.
Sunday, we lazed around the house, had breakfast around lunch time, then lunch like 2 hours later, followed by Taco Bell on the way to the concert, and then Jimmy John's afterwards. Yep, we basically ate all day! :)
Getting ready for the concert was definitely a flashback to younger years. "What are you wearing?" "Is this shirt too tight?" "Where should I put this enormous button?" Ok, so maybe not that one...LOL
Jenn got us old school NKOTB buttons and I thought we were going to look like dorks wearing them, until we got to the concert and saw the girls with crimped hair and homemade "I love Joey" shirts.
This is a fantastic picture of Jenn...me - not so much! Oh, and I didn't wear the button like that...LOL...just being goofy for the picture.

When Jenn saw this, she was so bummed that she hadn't thought of doing it to her car too!
They did a tribute to Michael Jackson. The whole audience sang, "I'll be there" while they did a slideshow of pictures of MJ.
Look how close we got to Donnie!
And Danny too!
We had an awesome time! The boys did not disappoint.
Happy 29th Jenn!!! ;)

1 comment:
The best thing to ever develop from the New Kids fame.... Mark Walberg. I would have lived my live fine without this group getting back together. I'm am glad that you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment