I know I haven't posted in forever, but Chris and Charlotte are still asleep and this is more important than working on the laundry like I had planned.
Doug Troxell is a guy on Chris' team who was recently diagnosed with cancer for a second time. He has a wife and two little girls and the doctors are estimating that he only has 12-14 more months with them. This just breaks my heart. I can't even imagine watching Charlotte grow up without her Dad. I can't even think about it. :'(
Doug is an external employee at State Farm, so he doesn't have the same health benefits as we do. His medical bills have left the family in danger of losing their home. The Troxell Project is a fundraiser that's been set up by Exalt Music Group to help relieve the financial burden of the medical bills. There is also a collection being organized by Doug's coworkers and friends to send the family to Disney World while Doug is still healthy enough to go.
Anyway, I'm just sharing this because I can't stop thinking about this family and what they're going through. Please pray for them. Pray that they won't lose their home in the midst of losing their father/husband. Pray that we will be able to help them create some lasting memories that might temporarily distract from their heartbreak. :(
2014 Run Galesburg Run – 5K – 27:26
-
Race takeaway: Running with a stroller is hard work! Sunday Rob and Drew
ran the Run Galesburg Run Half Marathon and Chase and I ran the 5K. This
would be...
12 years ago
1 comment:
Thanks so much for getting the word out about The Troxell Project!! - Marci, web admin for The Troxell Project
Post a Comment