Chris has been hearing about my childhood summers spent on the Oregon coast since we first met and so, he planned a surprise trip for my 25th birthday. He told me about it a couple of weeks ago when we were on a date by giving me a series of pictures and letting me "solve the puzzle." Needless to say, I pretty much exploded because I was so excited and so grateful to him for being such a fabulous husband. I can't wait to show him all of the places we used to hang out! We're leaving after work on June 6th and will get to the beach house (see below) sometime around 2AM on Saturday.

Some of the things on my must see list are:
- Tillamook Cheese Factory - best ice cream on the planet!
- The Lighthouse Brew Pub - restaurant we used to play darts at while we did laundry
- Otis Cafe - a fabulous little breakfast place in the middle of nowhere
- Cascade Head - a hike up to a beautiful view of the coast
- Tillamook Air Museum - a really cool hanger full of old airplanes
- Cannon Beach - a sandcastle contest, how cool!
- Yaquina Head Lighthouse - a beautiful lighthouse
- Devil's Punchbowl - basically, the ocean carved a huge bowl and it's really cool to watch the waves crash into it.
- Kites - one of our dorky hobbies is flying kites and this is where it came from :)
- Haystack Rock - seastacks are scattered all over the Oregon coast, this one happens to be near a fabulous restaurant, so we'll definitely be visiting
- Whale Watching - I've never gone, so this will be a first
- Newport Aquarium - I met Keiko, the star of "Free Willy" here!
But more than all of that, I really just want to relax, eat great seafood, and hang out on the beach in Neskowin. Here's a link full of pictures taken in Neskowin: Armand's World
No comments:
Post a Comment