Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 6, 2009

Ousmane

Just about every time we've been to a Christian concert, we've heard about World Vision and their work with some of the neediest people on earth. They help provide clean drinking water, food, and educational supplies all in the name of Christ.

At each concert, I've felt a tug at my heart to sponsor a child, but we've always struggled with the financial commitment. Yes, it's only $30 a month and that's basically just one dinner at a restaurant for us...and we do that all the time. I honestly don't even know why it's been an issue. I guess we just worried that we'd forget to mail the check and then we would have let down someone who was desperately depending on us. Lame excuse, right?

So, again...we found ourselves sitting there at the Third Day concert watching the people with the orange vests walk by holding up pictures of children. We were having our usual, "Should we?" conversation when I threw my arm up in the air and said, "If none of the vest people see me in 30 seconds, we'll wait until the next concert." Yep, that's how we make decisions in the Jackson house. ;)

Of course, earlier in the night, we'd decided to move from our seats to spread out in an empty section, so none of the vesters were looking our way. I started couting slower..........

Well, here is our new friend Ousmane. He's a seven year old from Senegal who lives with his uncle, brother and two sisters in a mud hut.


And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me. Matthew 18:5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl...one of the best things you can do :) Congratulations!