Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Third Day

In December, Kim, asked if we'd be interested in going to a Third Day Concert this spring with Jessica & John. She was planning to get them tickets for Christmas and thought it would be fun if we all went together. I thought, sure...why not? We like hanging out with them! I'm not a big concert person, so I was honestly more excited about having dinner together at Cheddar's before the concert. :)

As we were driving over to the U of I Assembly Hall, I gave Chris my..."we're leaving at 9:30 speech." We were an hour from home and were leaving town the next day. Not only had I not started packing...I hadn't even done laundry yet! So, when I realized there were TWO opening bands, I got a little anxious about all that I had to do...but kept reminding Chris..."9:30!"

(Okay, I have to stop now and explain for those of you who are having a hard time believing I'd ever want to head home earlier than Chris. First of all, he's a concert person...but more than that....he's much more careful about spending money than I am, so he didn't want to waste the money we spent on tickets by leaving early.)

Anyway, the first band was a group from Australia called Revive. They were pretty good and the accents definitely made them sound cool. We ended up getting one of their CDs for free later.


The second was Brandon Heath...who is definitely on my iPod's "most played" list. He's awesome! That pretty much sums it up. My favorite songs of his are "Give me your eyes," "I'm not who I was," and "Our God Reigns."

So, at 9:15...Third Day took the stage. I looked at Chris during the first song and mouthed...9:30! He was shaking his head and probably starting to get annoyed with me. Before I knew it, I was up singing, dancing, and telling Chris I'd just take some time off tomorrow. Maybe I am a concert person after all....or maybe, Third Day is just THAT good!



Oh, and just in case you're wondering why I've only posted pictures of the bands and none of us. Well, that's what happens when Jessica takes all of the pictures. ;) I'll post them in a few months when she gets around to emailing them to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I am a horrible friend :) They are on my computer... but well Emma will not leave my computer alone long enough for me to do ANYTHING... so I have to do it after she goes to bed... which I have been putting her down and going straight to bed... I promise they will be to you soon :)