Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 15, 2010

Pregnancy Stoopeds

I'm quickly finding out that what I've heard is true - being pregnant makes you stupid. I feel like I'm operating in a fog most of the time. Luckily, the things that have happened so far are pretty minor, so I can just laugh at myself.

Here are some examples (that I've managed to remember) so that you can laugh at me too:

  • I keep finding my hair bands in the trash. I honestly don't remember throwing them away, but somehow I've subconsciously gone from putting them in the drawer to just throwing them away.
  • Speaking of throwing things away, I recently found my Venus razor in the trash. I guess that putting a new blade on it was just too much trouble.
  • On our last grocery list, Shake n' Bake somehow turned into "Steak n' Shake." We all know which one I'd rather have for dinner, so I guess it was a Freudian slip.
  • On that same shopping trip, I stocked up on plain yogurt instead of vanilla. YUCK
  • I left work a few weeks ago to head to the doctor and somehow ended up at Target. Crazy things happen when my subconscious takes over! ha ha
  • In an attempt to make a half-tray of lasagna, I doubled the meat, used a fourth of the tomato sauce, and used the full amount of Parmesan cheese. Want to come over for dinner sometime? ;)

**Tuesday Update**

I just had to add another example of my overall lack of brainpower because it just happened yesterday afternoon. I'll forget about it by tomorrow if I don't share it right now...LOL

  • At work yesterday, Debbie Gibson* asked me to help print some posters. So, I printed them and then went looking for her desk. I work with Debbie pretty frequently, but for some reason when I checked the floor seating chart - I was looking for Taylor Dayne.* The crazy thing is that I've NEVER worked with or even met Taylor, but someone did mention her name in a meeting I had yesterday morning. So, after checking three floors for the wrong name - I went back to my desk and called Debbie to find out if she'd moved recently. Nope, I was just looking in the wrong building...for the wrong person. (It's a good thing I didn't find Taylor's desk or she would have ended up with a jumbo print out of my function's budget.)

*Names have obviously been changed. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey... You crack me up!!! We do need to get together sometime! :)

Ashley said...

That's hilarious and so true! I can only say that your brain will come back someday. For now, just blame it all on the baby!