Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 29, 2010

35 Week Update

We're 5 weeks away from the official due date, so I thought I'd give a quick update since I actually have a little bit of progress to report from my appointment yesterday.

The baby's heart rate was 139 and that's been pretty consistent throughout my pregnancy. My cervix is 1 cm dilated and starting to soften. Also, I lost my mucus plug last night/this morning. That was pretty gross. :/

Anyway, I'll be going in for weekly visits at this point and the plan is to do an ultrasound in 2 weeks to check the baby's size. Fingers are crossed that it's not huge!

I think we're almost prepared on the home front. We just ordered a rocker/recliner yesterday and it should be here in 2 weeks. That was the last thing on our list of "must haves" for the nursery.

This weekend is all about DEEP cleaning the house. Chris just finished waxing the shower...yes, he waxed the shower! He heard something somewhere about the shower staying clean for a long time if you wax it. I think he's weird, but I'm not complaining. (Especially since I'm sitting in the basement on the couch posting a blog and playing with my iPod playlists right now. HA HA)

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I can't believe it's so close!! Let me know if waxing the shower works. Where do you actually buy wax for the shower?

I can't wait to meet the little one!
Whitney

Ashley said...

This is so exciting!!! You are very close to meeting this little one if you have so many symptoms. Are you still measuring ahead?

Amanda (& Chris) said...

Whit - Chris used car wax on the shower and the water beads right off of the walls. He didn't wax the floor though - that just seemed like a dangerous idea, especially since I tend to have balance issues. :) I'll let you know if it stays clean longer. Although, the shower tends to only be cleaned before visitors come either way. LOL
Ash - My fundal height is measuring about a week ahead, but it's been a while since they've measured the baby. I sure wish I knew when this was going to happen. It would make planning so much easier! :)

Ashley said...

I'd say that if you have lost your plug, started dilating and major nesting that you are WELL on your way to meeting this baby. If you are probably measuring at least a week ahead, you are getting so close to "full term." You're a good planner, so I'm sure you are as ready as you can ever be. Save yourself one or two small things to do in the next week or so you don't go crazy waiting!