I celebrated my 27th birthday on Friday, starting with a 37 week checkup and an ultrasound. It was fun to see the baby moving around, but much harder to tell what we were looking at this time.
The appointment went well and I was glad to hear that we were good for another week. I'm relieved that I officially get to keep my own birthday-week!! :)
37 Week Stats
Dilation: Still 1CM
Effacement: 50%
Baby's Heart rate: 150ish
Baby's Current Estimated Weight: 7lbs
After our appointment, we went to my favorite Chinese restaurant in town - Mandarin Garden. Chris hates it, so it was sweet of him to take me there. :) Then he dropped me off for a much-needed pedicure because painting my own toenails is just a complete joke at this point.
We went to Kelly's for breakfast on Saturday and then walked around the Farmer's Market. I can't wait until they have more veggies later in the summer!
The rest of our weekend was very low-key because my energy level is plummeting. I just can't handle the heat and I'm having contractions frequently that stop me in my tracks. I slept until 2:00 on Sunday - which isn't like me at all. I'm typically up & at 'em by 6 or 7 on the weekends. I feel like I'm back in the first trimester - completely exhausted!
We toured the Labor & Delivery rooms on Sunday night and that was kind of a wake-up call for me. When we left, Chris was all excited because it made him realize that this is going to happen REALLY soon. I was freaking out...for the same reason. I definitely had an "I CAN'T DO THIS!!!" meltdown on the way home and was crying & laughing at myself at the same time. I think I'm over it now. I'm just SOOOOO ready to meet this baby!
2014 Run Galesburg Run – 5K – 27:26
-
Race takeaway: Running with a stroller is hard work! Sunday Rob and Drew
ran the Run Galesburg Run Half Marathon and Chase and I ran the 5K. This
would be...
12 years ago
4 comments:
I am so ready to meet this baby too. Love you both!!!!!!!!!!
I know you can do it! I remember thinking the exact same thing. Most women say "oh look how beautiful my baby is" or cry after they give birth. Me? No, I kept saying "I did it! I can't believe I did it!" I'm sure you'll be great. Just remember that God designed your body to deliver this baby. You've already carried it inside you for 37 weeks, so you know that God will carry you the rest of the way.
Glad you had a good birthday weekend!
We are sooo ready to meet this baby too!!! Don't worry... you are going to do great.... I remember being in the car, my water had broke and telling John to turn around. I figured if we didn't go to the hospital this wouldn't happen!!! :) Luckily he had his nerves calmed by that point and calmed me down!! You can do it!! Glad you had a good B-day!
I would love to see a pregnant picture!!
Whit
Post a Comment