Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 6

My 25th birthday started with an enormous breakfast at the Otis Cafe - we really should have shared! Then we headed south to the Newport Aquarium. The sea otters were so cute - we kept going back to watch them. We also got a kick out of the funny looking puffins and had fun touching the sea anemones. The star fish were really cool too! Most of their tanks have really neat glass art in them now and it was so cool to see the fish against such bright, creative backdrops.
After the aquarium, we had a really good lunch at the Rogue River Brewery and then took a walk out on the pier in Newport. Then we drove back towards Neskowin, stopping in Lincoln City to check out the glass blowing place and then to see what kind of stores were at the outlets now. For dinner, we had pasta and Chris made me a birthday cake. Then we headed out to the beach to catch a beautiful sunset!
As far as birthdays go, this one is definitely the best one I've ever had. Funny, I said that last year, too, when Chris took me to Chicago to see Wicked, and the year before that when he took me to St. Louis to check out the Botanical Gardens and Art Museum. I am so grateful that I have such a thoughtful husband!







I highly recommend the Dr Pepper Ale at the Rogue Brewery. :)


My birthday dinner.

Notice, the Pi symbol? Chris ran out of icing and space. Ha Ha
Tonight's Sunset

No comments: